f

Monday, May 15, 2017

Monday Morning Inspiration/Spring Stripes

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

Did ya miss me?...naaaa ;)
I've been missing in action for about 10 days. Just a lot on my plate, so I decided to be good to myself and just not put too much pressure on myself. What pushed me over the edge was a phone call from my dermatologist. He had taken a sample for a biopsy. When he called with the results, he said that it wasn't good and that he had scheduled me for surgery. While I feel that he is an excellent doctor, his bedside manner can be a little lacking, and as it turns out, it really wasn't so grim. I have an incision with 16 stitches on my right shoulder blade. Initially it was quite painful, not only the incision, but due to where it is, I feel every movement of my arm. But it's much better now. And even better, the sun is shining and we're expecting temps in the 80s, so a great day is ahead!

Do you ever get an idea about something you would like to eat, and then can't get it off your mind until you put the first bite in your mouth? I do, and I'm the same way about something I would like to wear. A little over a week ago, I purchased a pair of black and white striped shoes. I think I need to see about getting another pair as I have worn them at least 3 times in the last week and a half, and I'm wearing them today! Now I want a pair of easy black and white striped pants. Just something floaty and easy to wear. I have a piece of  black and white striped poly, so the pants will soon be in my wardrobe...like...today! 

As you can see, at the moment I am obsessed with stripes. For me, stripes scream spring/summer, and I am ready for the freshness of the season. So here's a few fun pieces that I found and thought you might like too! 

This is just a simple a-line dress with raglan sleeves made interesting with the manipulation of the stripes. 


This dress is eye catching due to the large stripes, but also because of the small stripes in the yoke. Take note that the neckline, armholes and hem are finished with a simple black binding.




The mitered waistline on this little dress is amazing!


 A simple dress that could be recreated with some mitering.


Love this breezy dress. It's been made all the more dramatic with the bias neckline binding and the horizontal stripe around the hem.


A simple black and white bordered scarf  would make this dramatic, but super easy dress.


Adding a pop of color grounds the stripes.


While this is not a stripe, it feels like a stripe. A simple piece of black trim was sewn on top of the princessline seam, and then accented with a second piece of trim. So pretty.


Again, not a traditional stripe, but fun color blocking.


This is just so pretty. 


And a few fun ideas for tops.


I thought I would leave you with this today...


Wishing you a wonderful week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

17 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your dermatalogical adventure is OK but where is the picture of your back and white shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to get a picture of the shoes up on the blog!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rhonda. I wish you well for a speedy recovery. AND yes we did miss you.
    Thankyou for all the inspiration you send our way.
    All the best.
    Cathy White.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow and wow, I mean those mitred insertions are sooo gorgeous. But I will not stray from my plan, I'm all about planning these days. But perhaps just a little stripe insertion wouldn't waylaying me too much!! Thanks for the distraction, ummm, errr, inspiration lovely Rhonda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with a little distraction, or a change of lanes 😊

      Delete
  4. Some great stripe inspiration here! I almost always see pretty things on your blog that I see nowhere else.

    I can't read your last illustration: "Take time to make your jowl happy?" That sounds unlikely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊 No, take time to make your 'soul' happy.

      Delete
  5. Love the stripe inspiration !! Take care of your shoulder . I also had a similar situation on my back , all is well .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! I think all my years of living on the beach are catching up with me ☹️

      Delete
  6. You have such an eye for beauty--a wonderful gift to share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better after your scary news and surgery. Sending you good thoughts:) Your post on stripes is so timely since I just bought a striped fabric on a whim and need a plan! Thanks of rite ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to send me a note when you finish your stripe project. I would love to feature it on the blog 😊

      Delete
  8. Rhonda, long time reader/lurker here. Thank you so much for your effort in gathering and providing us with this inspiration! I just copied that amazing crossed-v mitered waist dress to my inspiration file. I know it must be a ton of work to write for us, and I just wanted to let you know how appreciated it is. I always enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete