f

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Wednesday Showcase

I'm taking a little departure from our regular Wednesday Showcase so that I can feature the lovely Amy Butler Beautiful Belle Bags that were posted on the Sew News Flickr page. The ladies all did such a lovely job and it was exciting for me to see them all take shape.

The two bags below are mine. I kept the one in front, but the bark cloth bag became a shower gift. 
This lovely version of the bag was made by nvripley. Great combination of prints!

Look closely and you'll see peacocks in this fun print that lglsecretary79 used for her bag.

Love the polka dot combo used by evelynbadillohueller

ChristineBostonChristine knocked it out of the park by adding a zippered pocket to the interior of her bag.

ChristineBostonChristine also used a silk to make this fun version. Be sure to check out the Flickr page to see her lining. Great combination!

Woohoopepper lengthened the handles for the two versions that she made. One ended up being a Valentine's gift for her daughter. Lucky lady!!!

This beautiful rose in bloom version was made by jkaywiz120. Makes me dream of spring.

There are a few more that I was not able to copy to the blog and they are also quite lovely. You can see them by going to the Sew News Flickr page here, http://www.flickr.com/groups/2224982@N24/
I had so much fun watching the bags take shape and seeing the excitement of those who participated. A little secret, there are more sew alongs scheduled for this year. As soon as they are up and ready, I'll let you know. In the meantime, if you would like to access the videos and the blog posts that were done for the Amy Butler bag, you can find them here, http://www.sewnews.com/blogs/sewing/category/sew-along-amy-butler/
Hope you are having a lovely week!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. Everyone did an exceptional job. Love everyone of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too!! Amy B. should be quite proud :)

      Delete
  2. I noticed the dress sew along when watching videos for the BBH sew along and I will also be making that as well.
    Loved making the purse and it was a great incentive for me to use some stash fabrics as well as making something for myself for a change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, making something for yourself is always a good thing!!! So happy that you enjoyed making the bag. I'm going to announce the next sew along today. I really loved my dress, wore it twice before I sent it off to Sew News. Had a very difficult time giving it up. The dress is on its way back, so just in time for spring! I'm going to be happy to get it back :)

      Delete