f

Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Morning Inspiration

I've been in a black and white mood lately. It just seems so fresh and perfect for spring. So, I've done a little looking around and found a few things that I thought were rather fun. I thought you might enjoy seeing them and find them a little inspiring as well.
 It's a shame that the stripes don't match, but the pop of orange is wonderful.

 Lots of prints and it's all about the pop!
 Manipulating stripes.

 How about lining a sheer piece of black lace or tulle with white? Nice!
 Talk about bold!!!! Notice that once again there is the pop of orange on her lips.
This could be recreated with appliques and trim.
If you're in for a beading project, you can create your own design. What a sour look on that model's face!
Just a simple little dress that pops with the black piping. You may remember that I made up a very similar top for Thrifty Thursday using the free pattern from By Hand London. You can find the pattern here, http://byhandlondon.com/products/polly-top and recreate your own little black and white dress.
  Mix of gingham prints.
 Why not pair a gingham shirt with a sequin skirt!
 The lining of the drape is not white, but a very pretty idea nonetheless.
Although this a wedding gown and it is all white, I thought it was just so pretty and romantic.
 Beautiful applique.
And for something completely over the top!!!! 
One of the things that I am taking away from my little search is how fresh and great orange is with black and white. Very nice!
Hope your week is not only black and white but filled with colorful and enjoyable events!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

18 comments:

  1. There are some beautiful things here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran. There are a couple that I wouldn't
      Mind having in my wardrobe. Now only if I could make the elves sew a little faster ;)

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I'm really taken with #1 dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is incredible. The one that keeps calling my name though is the one with the 3 dimenisional beads. I think that would be such a fun dress to wear.

      Delete
  3. I've always loved and favored black and white graphic prints. Your choices are all fabulous but the very first one and the sequin/gingham combo take my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the sequin skirt with the gingham shirt, my first thought was why not! I have a piece of black sequin fabric and I think I will copy this idea. Just fun!

      Delete
  4. I like them all. I can't pick a favorite! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good one for you to think about would be the white dress with the black piping. The pattern is free and it's easy to put together. We'll talk ;)

      Delete
  5. These are all so fabulous, Rhonda. I too have been in a B&W mood. My stash is growing in that direction. And I love to see just a tiny bit of pop, as in the orange accent. Could be lime green or purple or anything! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the garments are fabulous and inspirating:the black dress is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any and all of these garments would look fabulous on you!

      Delete
  7. The Queen of black and white here...gorgeous choices! I'll take them all (and I'll smile...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are truly royalty!! I feel so bad that I didn't include one of your fabulous outfits.

      Delete
  8. Uhm this is some SERIOUS inspiration here RhondaBuss. I want it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Now if only we could get the elves to sew a little faster ;)

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous stuff. I particularly liked to gingham check dress that worked two sizes of check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the second time I've posted a dress that used 2 sizes of gingham print. Such a nice idea.

      Delete