f

Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration

Last Sunday when I visited the Chicago History Museum, I of course visited the museum shop. There, I was delighted to find a copy of Chic Chicago....on sale!!!! Lucky me, and lucky you as well. The sale price is also offered in the online shop and you can find it here, http://shopchicagohistory.com/a560/seasonal/chic-chicago-couture-treasures-from-the-chicago-history-museum.html
The book itself is simply beautiful. It comes with a protective jacket that slips off to unveil the beautiful book inside.

 The collection begins with the iconic gowns of Worth.

 Emile Pingat.



 The book then moves into the 1920's,


and the fragile beaded gowns.



 Isn't this a wonderful coat?!!
 Chanel.






 Button detail from a suit by Adrian.

 Another beautiful button detail on this suit by Mainbocher.

 Hane Mori.
Zandra Rhodes
 Patrick Kelly

 Versace.
 And finally a piece by Issey Miyake.
I've only shared a small portion of the book with you. As I said it is absolutely lovely and such a delight to look through the pages. Who knew that Chicago could be so chic?!!
Have a wonderful day!
Rhonda




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos. Sounds like a great book for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos, especially the dresses from the '20s. So inspiring -- thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! that book will be wonderful to spend quality time with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful new book. I envy you having the ease to see some of that collection up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Issey Miyake is a genius! I love this dress beyond words. I was also more than a little smitten by the 20s dress worn by Anita Carolyn Blair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is that I love them all!!! But I agree on the Issey Miyake dress, simple and yet incredible.

      Delete