f

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fabulous Free Pattern Friday

I need to start out today by apologizing for not doing my Wednesday Showcase post yesterday. As I shared with you on Monday, our exchange student from Italy is with us this week. Yesterday we went up to Milwaukee and visited the art museum. It is such a magical place,
 
one of my favorite places to go. The museum is as much of a work of art as any piece that hangs inside their galleries. They are having a very special exhibit now, 
The exhibit was marvelous. I read every word and soaked in every bit that I possibly could. If you happen to find yourself anywhere near Milwaukee before September 9th, I highly recommend a visit to see this exhibit. Well worth the trip. I will resume the Wednesday Showcase next week!  
So for today, this little piece is beyond easy, but a great use of a rectangle. It's a great little shrug to pull around your shoulders.
 You can drape it around your neck,
drape it over a basic sweater,

 or wrap it around your neck for warmth.
This piece must be made from a stretch knit. My piece is 24" wide which is folded in half and sewn together. So the final width is 12". For the length, measure around your arms and across your back. Once you have the piece cut, pin it together and then adjust so that it fits comfortably and yet snuggly around your arms. Less than 30 minutes and your done!!
SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm givng this one away. Yea!!! If you would like to have a chance of winning this little shrug, just leave a message on this post. I will do the drawing next Friday, August 10th. so you have an entire week to leave a message. You must be a follower of this blog. I feel that is only fair to those who have signed up and follow along. The fabric that I used for this piece is really lovely. There are brown, black and cream threads that run through it and you can see that it is a very versitile piece. So good luck. I can't wait to see you wins!!
Happy Thursday Everyone!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. It is impressive when someone from the home of great architecture, Chicago, says one of their favorite buildings is in Milwaukee. I drive by there every chance I get. It changes with the light from season to season and each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that you are in the Milwaukee area. How lucky are you that you get to see this wonderful structure on a regular basis?!! The museum, coupled with lunch at Lake Park Bistro makes for a perfect day. Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shrug and just what is needed in an air conditioned restaurant in the summer. Thanks for your posts and patterns. I love following along, and you are so talented.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shrug and just what is needed in an air-conditioned restaurant in the heat of summer. I love your posts and patterns and can hardly wait to see is new. You are one incredibly talented lady and I only wish I had gotten to know you better at Susan Khalje's class in Nashville several years ago. Jenny Ebner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scarf /shrug!
    Blessings
    Namaste'
    From
    Debra J Webb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rhonda and thanks - I've already made a shrug from this simple idea to match a sleeveless dress, using a rectangle I had left over. It's perfect - thank you so much!
    Your free pattern friday is an inspiration to a newbie like me. I'm a new follower of your blog, and have only made a handful of items so far, but now I can see how so many items can just be made from rectangles, you can see me rummaging through the remnant bin most weekends for pieces to practice on.
    This week I plan to buy my first ever fabric off the roll - wish me luck! Deby (divingmad@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Deby, so happy to have you! Congratulations on your new passion for sewing. If you ever have any questions, please email me, sewbussted@yahoo.com, and I'll do my best to help.
      Lots of luck on your upcoming purchase.

      Delete
  7. Wow, I just discovered you through Threads' Readers' Closet, and I'm glad I found you in time to enter this giveaway. I'm excited to start reading through your posts! (And I'll be trying your cape sleeve tutorial soon . . . ) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blog! So happy to have you. Let me know how the sleeve turns out.

      Delete