f

Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration


I recently picked up the August edition of InStyle magazine. To be honest, it's not a magazine that I buy very often. If I happen to see one in the store and my "flip through audition"  proves interesting, I'll buy the magazine. Well, this was a great purchase. I'm sure that I'm no different than many of you in that I love to sit down with a magazine and pull out anything that inspires me. I think that I must have pulled out half of the pages. If you happen to come across the magazine in a check out aisle, I highly recommend the August edition. Lots of great stuff! 
They had an entire spread on the new fall shoes, so I thought I would share them with you today. For some reason my pictures are rather poor today. Forgive me. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy what you see despite my poor photography.  
Color blocking is still hot. I especially love the red and purple velvet shoe in the forefront.
 Lots of great patterns.
 I love the red patent and plaid. Once again, I didn't fall too fall from my Celtic ancestry tree!!
 Not only is the pattern wonderful, but the heel is super interesting.
 Booties are still a fashion statement.
 Not the best shoe for cold weather, but who cares if your toes are cold when you're dressed to the nines?!

 Ankle straps are a staple in my wardrobe. I don't care if they are in or not, I love them.
Cute, cute flats. You could tread mud in the bottom pair!
I like the grey flannel pumps in the center, great with a pair of grey wool tights.

This month's edition also had a spread on extending your wardrobe from summer to fall. I thought I would include it as I thought some of the ideas were interesting. (Not only are the photographs bad, they are crooked!! Looks like I must have been drunk. I can assure you that is not the case, first of all it's only 9 in the morning and second, I'm a very cheap date, one glass of wine and I'm finished!)  
 I really like the choice of accessories for both silhouettes.
The famous peplum top. Did you get on board? I must admit that I did not. I like the leather peplum paired with the denim jacket.
Rather than a navy jacket, I really like the freshness of the light blue jacket. So cute with the yellow shorts.
In the picture on the right you see a pair of socks to wear with the heals. Will you be getting on this train? I'm not so sure.
I like how the accessories tone down the animal print pants. I think I may have to make a pair.
Thanks for taking a look at my fuzzy, crooked pictures today.
Wishing you all an incredible week. I'm about to burst at the seams. One of my exchange students will arrive for a visit later this afternoon. He'll be with us for a week. We'll cook, drink Prosecco and talk away the evenings out on the deck and in the end, our visit will be all too short.
Happy Monday Everyone!!  



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. I love shoes - they really finish an outfit. Thanks. Have an enjoyable week with your visitor, I'm sure you'll do lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Monday Inspiration... great selection of shoe inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a clip book of inspiration from In Style. Love the way they piece garments together.

    ReplyDelete