f

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day For Me

Last week I showed you the quilt top that I had been working on for the Zoo Ball Silent Auction. As I said, I don't think I have ever sewn so many 1/4" seams in my life.
I had thought that if I could get some more of the red and white piping that I would edge the pieced squares with that and then use a line of the yellow and finally finish it off with the blue and white daises. Well, as luck would have it, no more red and white striped piping. Okay, so plan B.
As of just a few minutes ago.......Ta Da!!!!! The quilt is finished. I am so happy to have this finished. Sooo happy. I tip my hat to all of you who quilt on a regular basis. Man alive, what a lot of work and mine is just simply quilted.  
I am very happy with it though. So much so that my husband was right, it's going to be a little difficult to give it away :(
Rather than the red and white piping, I had some red and white check vintage fabric so I decided to use it instead.

All that I still need to do is add a label. I'll do that later tonight. I had one last little applique piece so I hand stitched her on to the back and I'll stitch my label next to her.
Now on to the rocker. I need a break though. This will have to wait a couple of days.
To those of you who quilt, I hope that your quilts go to people who really appreciate your work. I put a pretty big value amount on this auction grouping and I'm glad I did. Again, I really tip my hat to all of you who quilt on a regular basis. You are incredible!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. Charming quilt! I also agree that quilting is a lot of work! It may look simple for people unfamiliar with quilting but it takes some time (precision in cutting all the pieces, careful seaming of the pieces & pressing after each seam sewn)if you want a decent looking quilt. And you did a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable! I hope it makes a lot of money for the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute quilt, Rhonda! I used to quilt but no more. It is a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely, lovely quilt! I have never done a full sized quilt. Don't think that I have the patience for it. I do admire those people who have the wherewithal to make such beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an adorable quilt. Who wouldn't love the Raggedy's to sleep with? I would. That is a fabulous job. And you are so right--quilting takes an enormous amount of time. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky me--I got to see the real thing today--colors are so bright and cheery, and the workmanship is lovely!

    ReplyDelete